6.29.2010

"breathe. don't forget to breathe!"


saturday, june 26, 2010
10am beginners climb & spin w/Anna (met Yolanda)

song: "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)" by Marilyn Manson


that was the motto for the entire class, not just me. I tend to hold my breath while dancing, so when it comes time to climb, I look like I'm about to die. and that's just not sexy. by holding my breath, it doesn't make me look like I'm enjoying what I'm doing (but I am!) and it only makes it harder on myself honestly. if I remember to keep my breath consistent, I know I'll enjoy the performance more and my body won't want to collapse on the floor after the routine is over. no one likes a gasping for breath pole dancer. Anna was hilarious climbing the pole, whipping her legs around and talking like a princess saying things like "My body is like air - I'm so light - This is so hard, but I look like I'm enjoying myself." hilarious, but so true. have to keep those positive thoughts, but all the negativity reads on your performance face.


I actually wrote down in my blackberry what the routine consisted of, so here I go, listing moves and hopefully getting it right...

3 steps into an inside skater spin, step back, then forward, getting into bicep grip position for a fan kick, chest swing against the pole, body waves (work the legs), a climb with a bow at the top, making sure that front leg is straight and pointed (it makes all the difference & looks so nice), bicep grip position, swinging body (mainly your butt) in front of the pole, descending by pedaling down through the air, nice and big movements, landing on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment