6.29.2010

"why am I not surprised that this song isn't entirely slow? it's Lauren."


monday, june 28, 2010
9pm advanced climb & spin w/Lauren (along side Suzanne and Kim)

song: "Love The Way You Lie (feat Rihanna)" by Eminem


this was a fun class and I definitely got to work on a few moves that I have been meaning to. the freehang felt good, as did working on my meatball (baseball grip hip circle) (this time, NInJa-style!). when we did the beginning pole work, it coincides with the slow Rihanna part fo the Eminem song and I thought "wow, ok, we're doing a slow song". so wrong. as soon as we out the moves to the song for the first time and stopped at our last move, Lauren started to go into the next move, as the rapping started. hilarious. should have known better.

I'm gonna let the movie speak for itself. these are just moves that were in the routine, that I had Suzanne tape after class was done. spot the blooper. ok, well there are a few, not so perfected moves, but one really great blooper.

at the beginning of the movie, I have a moment of a really nice straight body line going into the freefall and into the spinning climb. I can already feel that my spinning climbs are improving. I know that I fell out of the freefall a little soon and started to wrap my legs around the pole for the climb a little early, but they didn't touch until they both did at the same time, which is an accomplishment.

now, I make two attempts at the ninja meatball (baseball grip hip circle)- the first one is the best b/c my body does star horizontal for a longer period of time and it looks like I'm really leaning into the pole. it felt good to improve on that one. that went into a knee hook, folding over, chest out and up and into a reverse knee hang. still working on keeping my body away from the pole and not folding over myself in the beginning of that spin (it looks crazy awkward to me). the second attempt was not as good as the first, but how I "land" the reverse knee hang is a really great blooper! enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. man i was reading your first paragraph and thinking "i have no idea what these tricks are!" damn these different names! and they sound so interesting too-- NINJA STYLE? omg sounds like FUN. and i meant what i said-- your vid looked great! i couldn't tell that you didn't do it on purpose =)

    ReplyDelete