6.21.2010

choreo the pole


sunday, june 20th
semi-private class w/Gabrielle and Suzanne, Pheon & Shirley

a little  ago, Shirley had the idea to get us together to chip in for a semi-private class so we could all work on what we wanted to work on. I had wanted to work on choreographing my August recital routine, Shirley wanted to work on inverting and her routine and Pheon and Suzanne just wanted to invert with someone whom they thought could spot them and not get crushed if they fell on top of. haha :)

I brought my list of moves and my iPod shuffle so I could listen and play on the pole at the same time, but they proved to be difficult b/c I felt really strange trying to remember what moves I could do and how to get from move to move in the recital piece. with everyone inverting around me, I just felt a little weird trying to think of ways of putting together this routine and not looking awkward doing it. after an hour of standing around my pole, working on some climbs, descents, spins and trying to not cut up my hands any more, Shirley practiced/taped her routine and it came out fantastic! I followed with mine and really did find out that just putting the music on and moving to it really helped getting some ideas out of my head and onto the videotape, so that I could look back and think about when would be the best times to do some of those moves and have them go with the music. without even noticing it, I quit at 3 minutes and since the song is only 4, I'm sure I don't be cutting it down. it's just about getting those moves down pat that I know and really practicing them to death, so the routine is perfect.

Gabrielle also worked with me about how to go from the angel spin into a back hook, which I've included the video of here:


I have open pole with Gabrielle on Tuesday, so perhaps I'll try a little testing for half the class, then work on some moves for the recital piece as well. but for today, my hands are getting a much needed rest!

1 comment: